Technical Support Specialist
Location: Fremont CA or work from home.
Job Type: 6 months contract to hire
Pay: Hourly pay, based on experience $16 – $22/hr
Work hours: 30 to 40 hours a week, 9AM – 6PM, must be flexible with some weekends and holidays
Green Electronics is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team. You will work on our email and phone support system helping user install and troubleshoot our WIFI connected IoT RainMachine irrigation systems. Under limited supervision, you will resolve customer technical issues. Passion for gardening a plus.
– Receive phone calls and log calls into Zendesk.
– Answer pre-sales questions about device.
– Answer technical questions regarding device setup and operating and connecting the device.
– Perform customer support duties such as RMA, Exchange and Return.
– Good customer service skills, solid communication skills.
– Troubleshooting network related issues over telephone
– Understanding basic WIFI/LAN networking, IoT knowledge is a plus.
– Zendesk ticketing system experience preferred, but not required.
– Embedded systems / Linux experience a plus.
– Demonstrates skill, knowledge and understanding of company products.
– Ability to Assist the Technical Support Team daily operations, escalations and assignments concerning Technical Support
– Provide mentorship to customers in the area of product knowledge, while solving technical problems incurred in the installation and/or operation of company products.
– Fluent in English, oral and written.
– At least 2 years experience as a customer support representative
– If working from home, good Internet connection required, quiet work environment.
– Must attend training sessions and office meetings at the company headquarters in Fremont as required by management.
– Must be authorized to work in the US
Green Electronics was formed in 2010 by a team of determined hardware and software engineers from Silicon Valley. The goal was to provide a modern, more efficient way of watering and controlling gardens. Based on the notion that “The Network is the Computer” the RainMachine product was designed from the ground up to be a powerful tool that empowers people to conserve the most precious resource on this planet: Water. As the ultimate gardening device, the RainMachine empowers the gardener with the most weather aware, iOS and Android capable, multi-valve irrigation device on the market.
Join an expanding team that values innovation, recognizes talent, and rewards hard work!